Hi Burrata Lovers!
2. It is hot Fresh Mozzarella formed into a pouch. Which is filled with Stracciatella (shreds of mozzarella mixed with cream) before being pinched closed.
3. Each pouch breaks open to reveal the buttery, creamy, rich filling. The interior is so soft that when the cheese is cut into, the cream-filled centre spills, which was practically made for many a social media videos (and Boomerangs!). It’s this creamy centre that has people so obsessed with this cheese, as it really resembles nothing else in today’s culinary world.
4. Burrata is trending in some of the finest restaurants around the world. It has become nothing short of a global phenomenon, it now sits atop many a restaurant’s menu, like a headline beckoning you to come on in and try it for culinary glory.
5. Burrata is best served at room temperature. Simply take it out of the fridge 1-2 hours before serving to ensure the Stracciatella oozes out when cut, for that extra wow factor! You know you have the temperature right, when slicing into burrata feels and looks like slicing into a perfectly runny egg.
6. Burrata goes well with crusty bread, fresh tomatoes, salads, prosciutto, pizza and pasta. For burrata purists, it’s suggested that a drizzle of (good) olive oil, salt, and pepper are all that’s needed to enjoy something this lovely. For those wanting to make a meal of it, a salad with tomatoes, basil, and a balsamic reduction is a good place to start (think of Caprese). And of course, chefs are finding ever-inventive ways to use burrata on their menu, pairing it with peaches, eggplant, black truffle, chilli and more.